Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This Is How The Government Spents Our Money

I think I'm a reasonably smart guy. I like the fun of the moment, but I try to make a lot of my decisions based on the long term picture. That's a portion of why I bought myself a Toyota Corolla about 6 years ago. Its a relatively inexpensive car that also gets great gas mileage. Smart. So we all know about how the economy has tanked in the last couple of years and that the government is doing its best to print enough money to pay for all the new programs that not all of us need, right? Well this particular program for the government to give you a voucher for your POS car is one of the dumb programs that hit closer to home for me. Why should my tax dollars be spent to 'correct' the poor economic decisions of people who purchased gas guzzlers or the car companies that made the stupid things in the first place!!! If you're not incredibly worried about what our government is doing, I urge to you read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

No comments: