Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gene Autry, Take It Away

(That's 'Back In The Saddle Again' for those not in the know)

So I went on my first post-D date last night. Interesting.

I met this girl over at some friends' apartment a couple weeks ago. She lived in the same complex and had come over to get some sheet music from one of the guys. She wound up hanging out with the crowd for a while and showed a pretty quick wit, so when the opportunity arose, I asked her out.

OK, so I should really learn to think twice about some of the girls I ask out. I knew she was younger than me, but I really wouldn't have guessed a decade. For those who know the math, yes, that does make her 17. I found out this lovely bit of information during the intermission of the Nutcracker. I think I'll just call this a practice date and move on so I don't wind up like this guy:

5 comments:

Grace said...

Well at least you are dating. That is a step in the right direction. I bet Grandma J has a few people she could line up for you. Or, better yet, my Nana could do something again too. She has a gift.

Jake said...

did she know how old you were?

Greg said...

Yes, Jake, she new. That day at my buddies' apartment someone said I was the oldest one present and I had quiz the room about ages to prove that untrue.

Clark Winegar said...

Getting set up on blind dates by Grandma J sounds like a bad idea. I don't even know Grandma J, but getting set up on blind dates by anyone is probably a bad idea so it can't be better if said setter upper is a grandma, can it?

Bryce said...

Wow...sadly I found that hilarious. I hope you can forgive me, but at least it made my night of blog reading. I wish you better luck next time...just don't get too carried away in the other direction...stay away from the wrinklies.