Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Still Can't Believe I Saw This

So went to the Aquabats concert on Saturday. The opening band was about what you'd expect from an opening band, but them something absolutely horrible happened. This:

came on stage. Its a little difficult to see, but that's one of the characters from the kids show Yo Gabba Gabba. Now I know that MC Bat Commander was the creator of the show, but give me a break. Putting a show that even a five year old knows to be less intelligent than himself on stage in front of a bunch of twenty-somethings who want to mosh and skank just shows how far off their grove the Aquabats have gotten. And I think I lost my faith in humanity when a large portion of the crowd actually sang along to the Yo Gabba Gabba songs that make even Barney seem erudite and a downright vocabularian.

3 comments:

Clark Winegar said...

Dude, I'm still having nightmares from that. What the hell happened?

J and K Sabey said...

It sounds like you guys had a life changing experience. Congrats!

Bryce said...

WTF all the way. I can never look at dryer vent pipes the same again. Mostly I blame Clark for this, but only because last year it was MC Lars.