Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Identity Crisis

So I have a name that's pretty common. I've tried googling myself for years, originally just to see what's out there, then to see if I could actually find something actually about me. There's a dermatologist in Atlanta and a sci-fi writer that are the most popular users of my name, but I also found

1. MySpace - 376 profiles
2. Facebook - 121 profiles
3. Friendster - 107 profiles
4. ZoomInfo - 78 profiles
5. Spaces - 68 profiles
6. Linkedin - 41 profiles
7. Hi5 - 32 profiles
8. Yahoo - 27 profiles
9. Bebo - 11 profiles
10. IMDB - 6 profiles

My name is common, so I tried adding other words to try and get something. I figured that maybe old high school box scores or the local paper in the town I grew up in might turn up some results... HA! None of those things worked out quite like I'd hoped, but the high school name did turn up the first correct hit I've ever seen. Identity crisis over.

3 comments:

Emily said...

All I can say to that is.... how many groups on Facebook are there dedicated to the fact that 10 zillion people have your name?

That's what I thought. (Hey!
Starting your own is cheating!) We really should have mentioned such matters to our parents before they went and named us all normal things. At least if our last name was Blagoyevich we'd have a fighting chance at uniqueness :). But then again, they also didn't have much of a choice on that front.

Amanda said...

So glad to see that you have the heart of a warrior. Me, I have the heart of a person that loves to sleep in.

Bo Diddly said...

I am ever so thankful for Dideum. No one outside of my family comes up and, luckily, no one else is a Patrick.