Friday, March 27, 2009

I Don't Think Of Myself As A Complainer

But sometimes I just want things to be over with. In this case, I have been trying to sell the rings, more specifically the diamond, from my failed marriage. This is a total nightmare. No one really wants 'failed' jewelry apparently. So the ex knows I haven't sold it, and I assume she's complained about it to her friends because she sent me an email asking what I thought about having a friend of hers try and help us sell it on eBay.

OK, so I think to myself, I hate this ring, I want it gone, fine, anything to unload this thing. I send the ex a response saying OK, but lets sign a selling agreement, just to be safe. Dumb. So she forwards her friend's response to my request to have something signed before he sells the thing. Not helpful. At all. I'm not really surprised, I mean, the only reason I can think that he would be wanting to help her sell this thing is to get in her pants, and damn it if his email doesn't basically tell her she should just ask for the ring from me straight up.

I now know myself to be dealing with an ex who's deciding to ask all kinds of 'what if' questions and feel all sentimental about our marriage from hell. Can't tell you what kinds of warm fuzzies that gives me... cause they ain't warm or fuzzy.

If anyone reading this wants to buy the ring or stone, let me know, cause I'm ready to entertain just about any offer just to get the thing off my hands...

3 comments:

StuTheWise said...

It's called a "cold prickly" my friend. This YouTube video might help you get that thing sold.

Emily said...

Cash4Gold.com? Sell the stone separately?

Larry P. Goat said...

Yeah, I know jewelers will buy rings just for the gold/gems...but they'd prolly give you a pittance. If someone was smart they'd buy it for the gem. You'd think in thrifty Utah.....

Let me know if I can do anything to help...