Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Kid Missionary Brother

So my brother included this in his weekly letter home, and it struck a strong chord with me.

Elder Maxwell said: “Most of all, revelation requires us to have a sufficient degree of personal righteousness so that on occasion revelation may come to the righteous unsolicited.” That is the reason why merely “not crossing the line” isn’t good enough. You have to be doing your best to do what you know to be right in order to be worthy of having the Spirit to that degree.

(My brother is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Guatemala, and I consider him to be one of my spiritual heroes. For any who don't know what that means or want to know more about why the above quote means so much to me, please ask!)

1 comment: