Sunday, January 25, 2009

Let The Good Times Roll

So I'd say this picture pretty much sums up my week. Obviously the med school acceptance was a huge deal; I get a pretty good emotional high from completing my short term goals, so having this three-year-way-to-many-thousand-dollar investment pay off was exponentially more satisfying. I'm still going to the other interviews because as cool as acceptance to LMU is, Harrogate, TN just isn't the most happening place on the planet. I think I liked the atmosphere in Harrogate better than Ft. Lauderdale, so were I to have a choice there, I think TN wins. I'm a bit torn over Harrogate vs. Kirksville. They both require a lot of time to get to (though they're not so remote as what my sister deals with since they both have Wal-Marts), but after having visited Kirksville and finding out how strongly the LDS church is represented in the student body, its a harder to say that TN is clearly higher on the list. So that's med school.

I also went on something of a last minute date last night, and she's not 17! So now that we've got that question out of the way... I'm seriously impressed by this girl. My cell battery will attest to the fact that I very much fancy this girl. I think I need new words between like (something that belongs on the note passed in elementary school) and love (cause we abuse this term to avoid 'like' when we, and in this case I, very much don't mean it). For the high points, she's a lady that allows me to be a gentlemen (you guys all know you dig that), extremely intelligent (which translates into very enjoyable conversation), doesn't let that intelligence interfere with her faith, and she 'fits' (sorry Emily, I'm wasting my height again). Lest I sound obsessed, mom, this still belongs in the 'getting to know you' category of dating; everything I've learned just happens to be positive.

4 comments:

Grace said...

Can you not make her too smart because I always feel like the dumb one in the family...who always loses at games.

Emily said...

I don't know if that still counts as getting to know you dating.... she friended me on Facebook today. I am weirded out. Other than that, it all sounds positive.

And Grace - stop worrying. You might think you're the dumb one, but you're the only one with normal social skills :)

Kathy said...

Way to go Greg!

StuTheWise said...

WHAT THE EFF! That's me being incredibly vulgar. I am now following you on your blog. Best get used to it my friend. Don't worry... I'll try to stay out of the way.